Health Healthcare System Structural Racism / Discrimination
Addressing the social determinants of health
• Involves the medical care and public health systems, but clearly extends beyond these
• Requires collaboration with multiple sectors outside of health, including education, housing, labor, justice, transportation, agriculture, and environment
Addressing the social determinants of equity
• Involves monitoring for inequities in exposures and opportunities, as well as for disparities in outcomes
• Involves examination of structures, policies, practices, norms, and values
• Requires intervention on societal structures and attention to systems of power
Click here to read the full article.
HVCCW is a diverse group of community based organizations united to address the social determinants of health through capacity building and collective action.
Hudson Valley Collective for Community Wellness
C/O Maternal Infant Services Network
10 Little Britain, Rd., Newburgh, NY 12550
Phone: (845) 561-3575
E-mail: [email protected]